Mark-It Express specializes in the retail cold chain
Mark-It Express works with some of the biggest names in the retail food industry. We service these clients everyday and understand the complexities and challenges they face.
Because we are retail cold chain experts we maintain the high standards set by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations.
What is the retail cold chain?
The retail cold chain is an uninterrupted chain of temperature controlled environments for perishable food products in order to maintain their quality and increase their shelf-life. Cold chain processes are vital to the success of food distribution because it reduces food loss due to spoilage, enhances food safety and quality, and balances and manages the supply and demand of food.
Mark-It Express’ approach to FSMA
- We have created a culture that makes food safety the highest priority. We spend the time and resources to achieve continuous improvement, implement risk management strategies, create a chain of custody, resolve problems as they arise, and identify root causes.
- Food safety plan. We have a HACCP certified Director of Safety. This role within our firm is one way we show our dedication to enforcing food safety standards.
- Identify hazards. We invest the time in identifying hazards that could affect food that is manufactured, processed, packed, or held by your facility. We also utilize Hazardous Analysis and Risk-Based Preventative Controls (HARPC or HACCP)
- We establish clearly defined roles and responsibilities within your team. Maintain current resources, implement regular training to stay current on new best practices and regulations.
- Pick the right partners. We only work with FSMA compliant trucking companies – we regularly check to verify our partners maintain their FSMA compliance on a regular basis.
Who we serve
We work with produce growers, food producers, processors, wholesalers, distributors, and retailers to move quality food products all across the country.
We’re ready to serve you! Our representatives are looking forward to working with you to provide professional assistance for all of your retail cold chain needs.